Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mommy is frustrated

That's right, my baby has learned a new word. She is my constant shadow these days and keeps a running color commentary all day long.

Me: Can you get the hair stuff, please?

Ellie: We gonna go da store, Mommy?

Me: Not today, can you get the hair stuff, please?

Ellie: Oh. Ah morrow? Ah morrow we go da store. We gonna go at da park, Mommy?

Me: Not right now, but you can go outside and ride your bike when we get your hair done, can you get the hair stuff please?

Ellie: Oh. (thinks a minute) We not going at da park 'cuz you busy now? You you you you
cleaning? You you you doing ah lawnry?

Me: It's hot right now, maybe we can go to the park later, can you get the hair stuff, PLEASE?

Ellie: Mom? You you you mad?

Me: No, honey I'm not mad. Let's go do your hair, okay?

Ellie: Oh. Mommy, you just frustrated.

Me: (to myself) Exactly.

I love that girl!

8 comments:

Kim N said...

Awww, I love when the little ones pick up on those big words. It is hard to be TOO frustrated when they are that cute.

up in bubbles said...

She is so cute. I love this stage even though it sometimes feels like you arn't getting anywhere. Give her kisses for me. Hey and at least you have girls that you get to do their hair.

Jan said...

I can totally hear her. Hilarious. Have a great day.

Elizabeth-W said...

Awwww! :D
I love it when little babies use big words!! Frus-er-ated!!! was big at this house for awhile.
She's a keeper!

Tirzah said...

Cute! It is so fun to see their vocabularies grow, especially when they use the words properly!

Mrs. Organic said...

ew - that's just how she says it.

myimaginaryblog said...

I love that conversation. Even if she could tell you were frustrated by the end, I still thought you were an amazing model of patience throughout.

My Rose(4) had the audacity to tell Henry(2) that I would take him to the playground while she was at gymnastics this morning, and he was NOT happy with me when it turned out that was not my plan.

Kenna said...

I can so relate. She is so dang cute! I couldn't stop laughing when i read this.