Saturday, May 31, 2008

A little peek

This post brought to you by our one week emergency supply of toilet paper

Please disregard the weeds, they are soon to be history and under a bunch of rock.
The Sensory Garden - empty big gulp cups are an important part of the sensory experience STRAWBERRIES! (June and ever bearing)
Hedge - all trimmed and swept up (note the broom and also the holes in the hedge where Superdog tried to avoid becoming 'it' in a game of tag)



Who knew chives could be so beautiful?

A little something I like to call "The Claw" - you wouldn't think I'd pruned the tar out off this thing 2 weeks ago, but I did (if only Edward Scissorhands lived here)

Another view of the Sensory Garden, see how much it's changed?

Everything is just about to burst with color, in another 3 weeks, it will look like a whole new garden. I can't wait.

12 comments:

Alisha said...

just lovely. we'll have to come visit soon to see it "live".

b. said...

Oh Corrie!
It's beautiful!!
All that work's paying off a little, and it will just keep on getting better!!!
It looks amazing!

Cocoa said...

Chives really are beautiful! All areas of the garden are coming along wonderfully. Can't wait to see the pics of everything in bloom.

compulsive writer said...

Gorgeous! Well done.

Elizabeth-W said...

I thought the cup added just the right touch;)
Love that TP!

Mrs. Organic said...

Thank you all - our lilacs are abour two weeks behind everyone else but are just about to bloom (upper right corner of last picture). Oh, how I love that smell.

alisha - let's make it a date

Apricot Popcorn said...

I love these photos. This is like my mom's garden. Eden, really. Beautiful work!!!

Mrs. Organic said...

thank you, it is rather peaceful and pleasant out there.

The Lazy Organizer said...

Your yard is beautiful! I was hoping to get a garden in this year but it looks like it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we can spend the summer getting one ready for next year.

kailani said...

You're garden is amazing! I wish I had a green thumb. The only thing I can grow is grass and even that is questionable.

Thanks for visiting An Island Life!

Mrs. Organic said...

lazy - you're growing something far more beautiful and time intensive - who needs food?

kailani - thank you

the lazy reader said...

Wow! All of it looks so wonderful and green. I am jealous.