Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mother's Day Melts

I first saw the idea for these at Amy Karol's blog Angry Chicken. She has lately been playing around with recipes for bath and beauty products. Her bath melts looked so good I thought I'd give them a try. The only thing that isn't organic about mine is the coloring I added. The green are scented with a cucumber melon fragrance and the peach ones are scented with Christmas Spice and Vanilla essential oils. They fizz up in the bath and leave your skin feeling oh so very soft - the perfect gift for a mom who loves a long, silky soak in the tub. (Recipe here)

Next I think I will try a vanilla sugar scrub or the bath salts. What are you doing for Mother's Day? (It's never to early to think about it).

7 comments:

up in bubbles said...

Wow, what can't you do?

Heffalump said...

We made bath salts for an enrichment in RS once. The cucumber melon is one of my favorite scents...

Jan said...

They look good enough to eat. Where do you get cocoa butter?

Mrs. Organic said...

Kell - I can't seem to get this darn garden planned out and planted!

Heff - we just did that for Activity Days for Mother's Day gifts, they are fun and easy to make.

Jan - They smell good enough to eat! You can find 100% cocoa butter at Good Earth right below the essential oils in the Health and Beauty section. I only made a half recipe (and that was plenty!) - the cocoa butter for that is about $6

Cocoa said...

They look lovely! We've been wanting to try making lotion and soap.

Alisha said...

i would love to have the energy for making my own bath and body stuff - you are awesome! they look beautiful.

hopefully on mother's day this year i will be lying in bed with a new baby thinking of nothing but the sleep that may come, someday :)

Mrs. Organic said...

cocoa - it's fun, although a bit messy.

alisha - I wish the same thing for you too. Let me know if you'd like some bath melts to soak with before your big day.