Friday, May 14, 2010

Along the way

These are just two of the sites I see on my rides.

This is usually where I stop to take a breather and drink some water before pushing on. I always feel a bit renewed.

This lane always makes me daydream about what might be around the bend. I mean I know what's at the end of it, but at just the right spot, it's a little bit mysterious and somewhat romantical. I have to be careful not to daydream too hard, or I will be an Asphalt Sundae. And that is not romantic. At all.

Am I the only person who does this, who makes up stories for places? I will show you a few more tomorrow.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That lane is gorgeous.

Rachel Sue said...

Here I go and ruin things. There is this short story by Flannery O'Connor. It's terrible. And that lane looks exactly like the one in the story. . .

Kimberly said...

I do the same. Suddenly I feel the need to capture some of those stories in pictures.

M-Cat said...

I totally make up stories. About places and even about people.

Mrs. Organic said...

mcat - Me too.

ModernMom said...

Oh that is a pretty lane! i go a step further and make up a story for the people I see walking around....love the old couples hand in hand:)

Heffalump said...

There was a small house in our neighborhood, all grown over with blackberry bushes and crumbling. We went walking by and I noticed more details about the place, such as the curved brick front porch and all of a sudden, stories started up in my head about that house. I was sad that they tore it down a few weeks ago, and I regret that I didn't try to get permission to bring that little porch home with me. It sat there for a week or two after the house came down, and I really wished I could keep it.

Mrs. Organic said...

heff- I can almost see it. Just the sort of springboard (for stories) I love.