Monday, April 26, 2010

My new boyfriend

We have been spending a lot of time together lately. I'm hoping it pays off.

I have no idea how people bike a straight 50 miles, run a marathon, and swim two miles all at one go, but I am enjoying having the wind whip through my hair and the sun beat down on my back. So far I am a terrible role model for bike safety and refuse to don a brain bucket. I've even had a spill - taking a patch of gravel on a turn with a (unbeknownst to me) flat tire. I hopped off,, but didn't realize the tire was flat and promptly fell over. SMACK! I am bruised up one side and down the other - the bike and I have been to second base.


This weekend Mr. O and I rode up the canyon, it was a bit breezy but the view was worth it.

There is still snow to be seen.

But this? This means it's melting and surely that means warmer temps are on their way.

Over spring break we took the kids - all of them even Ty (such a rarity these days) to the local bounce house.

They all had a blast and Ty didn't have a melt down or require any medicinal help to stay the two hours in such a rowdy place. Go Tyler! Go us! (I'm such a wuss when it comes to taking him places because he's so particular. He's even gone to church two weeks in a row - thank goodness for foyers or we wouldn't even attempt it).

Do you see the argyle? His communication intervener has informed us that we must supply Ty with more argyle as it is a veritable Girl Magnet.


One more - let's pretend I have a tan.

13 comments:

Rachel Sue said...

I haven't had a bike in a long time. Lately, I find myself longing for one. Your pictures don't really hep that!

Kristina P. said...

I'm not a bike rider. I had a serious spill that left a scar. Boo.

~j. said...

Love those views! And family time...what's better than that?

M-Cat said...

You gotta break down and wear the brain bucket!! Please!

And isn't biking in spring weather the absolute BEST?!

Omgirl said...

I think your new boyfriend is hot. Do you two have an open relationship? I might like to take him out on a date!

p.s. I still have gravel, permenantly stuck in my knee cap, from exactly the same type of spill a few years back.

tiburon said...

HOORAY for bike riding!!

Let me know when you want to go for a spin. I have many a training ride in my future. And don't worry about the falls - you get used to them.

Once you get your first one out of the way the rest are cake!

Looks like it was a lovely ride :)

tawna6988 said...

Bike riding is not my favorite at all but I would totlly go 50 miles if I could do a canyon ride through those pictures you posted. I miss the mo untains big time!

Elizabeth-W said...

I'm a huge fan of argyle, myself. So happy whatever is going with him that he's able to be out a bit is working!

Mrs. Organic said...

Rachel Sue - well then, let's get out there!

omgirl - (heheh) sorry, we are exclusive, except that my kids keep trying to steal his attention. Dude, I have gravel embedded in my palm. You'd think I'd take things slower or wear a helmet, but I'm a slow learner.

tib - I don't know that I could keep up with you. I'm a total novice.

ew - I could handle it if the argyle trend stays en vogue for awhile. It's the one item (besides glasses) that instantly makes you look smarter.

mcat - come summer I may feel differently about pedaling my heart out.

Tebbs Family said...

John loves to ride and has a fantastic bike! When I go with him I take the old Huffy and go sans helmet as well. Maybe John and Blaine can do a 50-miler while we hang back aways... So glad you're getting out more with Tyler--that's fantastic!

Mrs. Organic said...

TF - how about they ride and we work on our tans? At the beach.

kado! said...

fun!

I prefer my beach cruiser!!!

Emma J said...

New boyfriend - very fine! And you are uncannily young looking. It must be love.