Saturday, January 23, 2010

The thing is...

I will always battle a buried yearning for soda. I have a serious straw addiction ~which probably stems from sucking my thumb well into kindergarten (true story)~and sipping water just isn't the same.

Usually when I quit soda, which I have several times, it takes about four months to get the craving out of my system. Four long months of resisting the urge to hit my two regular pit stops for a refill. I would purposely drive out my way, just so I wouldn't have to fight the temptation. I know it's just soda, and I also know how bad it is for me. How it contributes to cellulite, leaches calcium from your bones, creates fluid retention issues, etc.

They say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I think "they" have never had Belgian chocolate or Dr. Pepper.

What unhealthy food calls your name?

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Anything with sugar.

Tebbs Family said...

ANYTHING sweet... especially donuts (apple or raspberry fritters, buttermilk, old fashioned, chocolate cake with white frosting and coconut, glazed with chocolate frosting and chocolate whipped cream center, blueberry, spice, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles, get the picture?!)

Heffalump said...

Peanut Butter Cups, and theater style popcorn.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Lately, it's been home made caramel popcorn. Sure, popcorn is good fiber, but not with 2 cups of brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup poured on top of it!

Kim N said...

Diet Coke, bean and cheese nachos, salt, homemade bread with butter...I could go on.

Emma J said...

It's not just the unhealthy stuff - nuts, dried mangoes, bread, cheese - portion control is my downfall more than food choice.

Mrs. Organic said...

Dried mangos, mmm.

Omgirl said...

Sugar. Just plain suger. And I taked it baked (cakes, cookies, pies, etc.).

I also am a huge pop addict. Now my battle is between the weight issues of a full-calorie Coke and my paranoia of artificial sugars with the Coke Zero.

I should just drink water. Blah.

Travelin'Oma said...

Donuts, cake, cookies. Anything with chocolate sauce or vanilla sauce. I always think, "If I were in a plane crash and the only food available was cookies, I'd HAVE to eat them to survive. So what could be that wrong with them?" This reasoning is why I don't have a clue how skinny feels.

Shar said...

I like Diet Coke. I've tried to quit, but I figure it's better than an entire box of Hostess Cupcakes, frozen. (which is what happened when I stopped drinking it last time) One or two a day won't kill me.

Thanks for the running tips. Definitely going to try out the Wright Cool mesh socks. Thanks!

Malena said...

I find that drinking Perrier or some other sparkling water helps a lot. Although, Perrier is not in the budget right now.

I think it's the fizzy burn on the tongue and in the throat that's the attraction. Give it a try. fwmld88ATgmailDOTcom

Mrs. Organic said...

Malena - ooo, going to try it and maybe add some rootbeer extract (medicinal, right?)

b. said...

Cookies.
Chocolate freaking chip cookies.