Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Mother Ship

Edited to add: Pictures!

It's here, it's here, it's here!!! Ty's new bed is here and it is more awesome than I expected. It has wheels so that we can move it between his new bedroom (hopefully completed by the weekend) and the family room. The best thing about it is it doesn't resemble a hospital bed in any way (except for the wheels, maybe), and there isn't another one out there like it. I'd pretty much marry that bed if I weren't already taken.

It even matches the banister perfectly.


With the side up

and down. If I were a kid, I'd love to take it flying through the family room. It even fits down the hallway.

Nicole crawled up there tonight and snuggled up with him to watch his latest favorite movie - Battle for Terra. He kept laughing so hard she had to pause the movie to let him catch his breath.


In other news, stomach flu is still rotten and has rampaged through half our guts since Christmas. I can't tell you how glad I am that I passed up the temptation of Hotdog-On-A-Stick at the food court. Also, flat Sprite is a godsend.

13 comments:

kado! said...

yeah on the new bed!!! that is awesome!

...and yes sometimes flat-Sprite does do the trick!

andrea said...

Yay for Ty! New car, and new bed...awesome.

That movie looks fun, I've never heard of it, I'll have to find it (netflix?) as it looks like something my kids would dig on.

Hope you start feeling better...and get rid of the yucky bugs.

Kristina P. said...

Yay for the new bed! Love the new look.

Tebbs Family said...

Amazing bed! Congrats! Sorry about the flu... at least you haven't been outside in the smog!

Dreamer said...

That bed is pretty awesome! I would take it for a spin, too!

Emma J said...

Yay for the bed - it's pretty! So nice when they make useful things lovely, too. So sorry though to hear about the flu. NO FUN.

(Get better soon, hear?)

Heffalump said...

My kids would probably use that bed to have races down the hallways!

b. said...

Congratulations, Ty!
The new bed looks AWESOME!

Hope you all get feeling better soon.

Jan said...

did the neighbor make the bed? It's great! I want to come see the new bedroom when it's done.

Mrs. Organic said...

Yes. Mike built the bed and it turned out even better than I had hoped. He'll be installing the french doors next week and then all that will be needed is some touch-up paint and some decorating.

myimaginaryblog said...

What a pretty bed! And I love that the movie makes him laugh so much.

Loralee and the gang... said...

That IS a purdy bed!

tiburon said...

That is a pretty kick A bed!