Monday, October 5, 2009

Keeping a Record

1. Journal - kept on and off since I was 12.

2. Binder - filled with pictures and letters from the time I lived in the Philippines.

3. Video - until my second oldest child decided he might have a future in film-making, we only recorded on holidays and birthdays.

4. Scrapbooks - I stink at this, but for awhile I tried to keep one up for each of my kids until they turned five. My youngest wants to know where hers is - I hate to tell her she was born after I went through that phase.

5. Letters - I've kept letters and emails exchanged with friends and family.

6. Blogging - sometimes it is just random musings, but I try to keep track of the cute things my kids say and do, the blessings in our life, and also the trials.

I've gone back to school

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am HORRIBLE with keeping records!

That was what our RS lesson was about today, and I vowed to do better.

Travelin'Oma said...

We used to take slides of the kids and watch them on Sunday afternoons. The older kids loved it (they were the stars.) The younger kids hated it (because we'd switched from slides by the time they came along.) I used to lie, and identify an older kid as a younger kid so they wouldn't be so hurt.