Sunday, October 11, 2009

Confession Time

In case I may have mislead any of you into thinking I'm a stellar human being, I'm here to tell you that I'm really only human with a small degree of stellar-ness.

I'm also hoping to draw some of you out. There's quite a number of you who do a Read-n-Run on a daily basis (I hope you enjoy what you read, but how am I to know?) So please, take a moment and delurk today. Just say hi, and tell me a little about yourself, perhaps even why you read the words I put down. But there's no pressure for you to confess anything (although you may, as long as you feel your parole officer would approve).

And so because I am asking you to do something for me - remember that little delurking thing we talked about earlier?- I have a little something for you. Once you've read the list, you have an obligation to say hi - even if you think I already know you. Especially then.

A compendium of (quite abridged) confessions:

1. I have a short temper and am of Irish/Scottish descent. Could the two possibly be related?

2. My mouth still drops words that aren't lady-like nor should they be said in polite company.

3. It may have something to with the fact that I can't keep much in my mouth, I mean even my saliva tries to sneak out at night when I'm not looking.

4. I enjoy food. A LOT. I think European chocolate should be its own food group.

5. Sometimes I read all night, and then I'm on auto-function the next day. Auto-function does not do cute little girl hair-dos, nor does it care if clothing ensembles even remotely go together, heck, auto-function is lucky to get her own teeth brushed, her self showered and body dressed in clothes she wasn't wearing last night.

6. I like to work out at random, odd times of the day and night, and I don't wash my hair every time. Which means, "Hello perfume bottle, you are looking lovely today." Squirt, squirt, squirt.

7. The pain in my sternal notch is back with a vengeance (it feels as if someone -a very strong someone- is driving a 16-penny nail into my collarbone) but I'm afraid to ask for painkillers because I know how enticing they are, how much they lull you into not caring about other areas of life, and how very hard they can be to stop taking.

8. I am not a nice person when I'm hurting. See confessions #1 and #2 which make me reconsider my stance on #7. Seriously how long can this carpenter on my collarbone have before he's finally finished with his home remodeling project - it's got to end SOON, right?

9. This means I am often hard to live with. (Mr. O, perhaps this explains a little about that?)

10. When my children aren't listening to me, getting louder is my answer even though I absolutely know it isn't going to help a thing.

11. I want MORE out of life. MORE in all caps and with exclamation points!!! I sometimes think about the *greener grass* on the other side.

12. I get to start taking water pills and wearing compression stockings because apparently I have at least 10 lbs of water in my cankles. I will let you know how that works out, and by gum it better!

So there we have it. You , Me = Same, Same (as soon as you introduce yourself, that is)

22 comments:

Heffalump said...

Hi!
I used to swear like a sailor...it was one of my rebellions as a youth. It was REALLY hard to break the habit, and sometimes I still swear under my breath or in my head when I am really angry. I think it is going to be a lifelong battle.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

Chocolate is definitely its own food group in my opinion.

Kristina P. said...

I wouldn't saw I swear like a sailor, but I do say Hell A LOT.

Emma J said...

I confess that I read your blog with delighted expectation. And the ankle thing? For a month and half and just this past week cleared up. Hello, BODY, we're not THAT old yet! What gives?

Mark and Kristie said...

I love reading your blogs...it helps me feel connected to you even though I don't have your sweet son in my class anymore!
:)

Mrs. Organic said...

I love that 5 of you manned-up. How about the rest of you?

GRAMEE said...

It just took me this long to get to the post today, but we are an hour earlier..
so it really isn't late.

I read your every word..

I am Gramee we met briefly.
I live in Az. now.
We are so happy not to have to shovel snow from our driveway on Ogden's east bench this winter.

Elizabeth-W said...

I can vacillate between holier-than-thou and not-worthy-to-lick-X-person's-boots in the space of an hour.
Happened today. Not pretty. Hate it when that happens.

Kalli Ko said...

Oh sister sing it. And my favorite swear is shi* lately. It just comes out.

Kenna said...

I have to confess that I am one to pop in and read but not always take time to comment, so I thought I better say hi.

myimaginaryblog said...

My living room carpet is *so* filthy and stained that it's put me into full "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome" (C.H.A.O.S.) for months now, but I don't dare call a carpet cleaner when I'm not sure we'll be able to have the stuff cleared off the carpets. (I DO want to have a livable living space back, so I really do want to get past this one.)

I wish I would exercise at odd times of day and go the perfume route instead of not exercising if I don't also have time for a shower.

---

On a happy note, Hazel has grown into the dress you made and wore it Sunday. I got a couple pics and need to upload them and post them. EVERYONE who saw her dress raved about how cute it was, and Dean kept saying how cuddly and soft she was to hold when she was wearing it. I really think it's one of the cutest baby clothes I've ever seen, and I don't know anyone else who knits or crochets who makes things quite that cute.

myimaginaryblog said...

Oh--and is there nothing that can be done to get rid of the pain (other than the painkillers)? I hate that you're having to deal with that. That would make me want to utter some impolite words, for sure.

Kado! said...

hey there! I swear too.

...and yell louder when my kids don't "hear' me...it actually usually works...so I guess I won't be stopping that any time soon...

I don't stay up and read all night though...I ♥ sleep TOO much! it is my favorite thing to do!

andrea said...

**Waving hand**

I'm here, but you know that.....not so lady-like words escape my lips as well.

Chocolate is it's own food group.

As is Dr. Pepper.

I always get louder when trying to get my kids attention. They are at the point that they never pay attention to me. Quiet or loud. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

Gramee- please remind me how we met, my memory isn't quite what it used to be. I'd love to put a name and face together.

And to everyone who's manned-up so far. Awesome! I love you. Yesterday was an on-the-ledge sort of day for my blog. So thanks for the feedback, I might just hang in there.

Up in Bubbles said...

YOu better hang in there you are my source of entertainment. You write very well and are always a good read, so keep it up. I have to many things that I feel I fall short of everyday, but I guess it is just important to keep trying. I love you. KEl

rookie cookie said...

Yes, saying things I shouldn't. Happens all too often. But sometimes, there is no better word that will fit like damn or hell.

Resist the pain medication. It is hell to get off of. I have witnessed it with people I love a few times in my life. They have said it is the hardest thing they have ever done.

Mrs. Organic said...

Z - I have these super sexy old people numbing tapes I can wear. Only they more make my bones feel like they're freezing while being hit with a hammer.

Esther said...

I bumped into your blog this summer and thought it sounded fun, but I don't blog in ths summer, so now I'm settling in for the winter and well, here I am. As far as chocolate goes, I'm a bit of a health freak.....and chocolate proves it's self time and again to be healthy....REALLY.

Hewett Gardeners said...

okay - but you asked for it:

i swear. . . a lot. i do my best to limit it in front of the tiny ones, but the words are always running in my head.

i lose my temper in a very unholy way. i become that mom on the 10 o'clock news. the worst part is that my oldest is a perfect imitator and has shown me what a monster i am.

i have had a to call a friend twice now to remove my daughters from my home before i really hurt them.

my house has not been clean for at least six months now (i'll let you guess how old my baby is now). and by "clean" i mean vacuumed, or dishes done, or laundry done, or toilet scrubbed (okay, maybe i scrubbed the toilet twice) - but seriously! my house has become the very definition of pig sty.

i am fat and i don't care enough to stop eating the goodies (even when they don't taste good or fail to make me happy). i don't care enough to work out. . .at all. i don't care enough to even go buy some clothes that fit - pj's are gonna have to cut it.

i spend hours at a time reading and perusing others blogs thinking, "wow - i wish my family had that lady instead of me". maybe then the house would be finished, decorated, food would be cooked, projects would be cute AND finished, and my kids would love the world and all around them.
oh well.

on the good side:
i must confess that i have canned so much yummy food that we might actually have a "year's supply" now.

i am madly in love with my baby boy and therefore have not made him "cry it out" so we can both start sleeping at night. so i haven't had a 4 hour stretch of sleep in . . .well, six months. wait, this was supposed to be the "good side". . .

and there you have it. the short list of my confessions.

Mrs. Organic said...

I'm thinking some of that losing temper business is universal. And some of it is lack of sleep, and working your tail off, and hormones (those blasted things). Good for you keeping rational enough to call a friend. I'm just now after 15 years getting able to know when I've hit my limit before it actually happens.

I am jealous of both your yummy garden food and your baby - who cares about the rest? They are only this little for such a short time - enjoy them. Lots of hugs and loves to you.

angela michelle said...

I'm feeling you on the random workout times. Sometimes I feel like my whole life is either not-going-to-shower-yet-because-I-want-to-work-out-today OR I-worked-out-but-haven't-had-the-chance-to-shower-yet. So I may be wearing dirty yoga pants and last night's mascara and ponytail, but my bootie...well, it could be bigger. :)