Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The foods that aren't my WHOLE life anymore, but that I still daydream about

Did I just say that out loud?

Onion rings with pink sauce from the Purple Turtle. These are not frozen-poured-from-a-bag-onion-rings, they are fresh-cut, hand-dipped every day, deep-fried goodness. And the pink sauce has just the right amount of tartness to it.

Um, hello Reese's Peanutbutter Cup Chocolate shake. Also from the PT or Iceberg, I'm not picky. But it has to be real Reese's PB Cups. No imitation candy for me, I like my chocolate straight up 100% original.

Dr. Pepper. Swoon. Melt. Sigh. Oh, how I miss thee. However, tucking in shirts and wearing belts again is totally worth it.

Chicken BBQ Pizza. It turns out that me and cheese do not see eye-to-eye on things and that my tummy is on strike from all things dairy, thank heavens for chevre. Pizza just isn't the same without cheese.

Chili's Molten Cake. Tastes better when sharing it with Mr. O or a dear friend. Slurp!


Those are my Top 5 Foods I Miss. How about you? When you're eating "healthier" what foods tempt you?

Oh! and one more as a bonus - Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles.

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Boooooo! I need soda!!!!

The Gang! said...

Good for you! SOda isn't that great for you! I hear you though! Its fun to drink hard to lose weight if trying to! This little can can add pounds by every sip! I heart you girl! You Loook Fab! Keep it up!:)

Heffalump said...

Ah...Lindt truffles are a weakness for me too. I enjoy the white the most, and then dark.
Peanut butter cups for sure are on my list. Also Tillamook Ice Cream. Popcorn with extra butter and made with coconut oil. Things that are deep fried, like shrimp, onion rings, french fries. I make my own fresh onion rings. Luckily they are a bit of a hassle to make, so that helps me refrain.
Also, deep fried zucchini. I slice them into discs, dip them in tempura batter, deep fry them and then put them on a plate of grated parmesan cheese while they are still hot. The cheese melts all over and they are great, especially dipped in ranch. Now I am really glad I am not starting my healthy life change until September. I have a couple of weeks of bad habits to enjoy!

Hewett Gardeners said...

are there foods that don't tempt me???

Mrs. Organic said...

heff - I'm drooling over my keyboard now. And nearly ready to break out some tempura batter.

La Yen said...

Barqs root beer. My one true love who never leaves me.

Also, Costco has some chocolate-caramel-macadamia nuts that are the best and worst things in my life right now.

Elizabeth-W said...

This morning we had the "opposition in all things" scripture study.
I do miss DP.
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I keep telling myself that.
I love Sun Chips, ice cream, and homemade cookies.

Roblynn and Rebekah said...

Homemade cookies for sure at the very top of the list, and probably the only thing on the list!

myimaginaryblog said...

I wouldn't know. :)

Mrs. Organic said...

Don't even get me started on cookie dough - it's my specialty. But everytime I start baking cookies I gain 10 lbs.

Kimberly said...

Cranberry oatmeal white chocolate cookies...warm croissants smothered in cheese...apple fritters...all dressed potato chips...and Olive Garden breadsticks dipped in alfredo sauce.

Hmm...suddenly the chicken broccoli casserole I'm making for supper doesn't seem quite so appetizing.

Anonymous said...

Way to go. Soda is bad bad bad. I have to say I am a sucker for anything salty, or pretty much any homemade treat. yum kel

Kim N said...

Bean and cheese nachos...or cheesy Mexican food! Dark Chocolate, Diet Coke, and loaded baked potatoes.

The Lazy Organizer said...

I couldn't even begin to make a list of the foods I miss since I pretty much don't eat anything from my past life.

Ok, I changed my mind. I think home made chocolate chips cookies would be at the top.