Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Park Day

Sometimes you meet really interesting people at Park day (and by interesting, I mean strange). A lot of the time we see people we already know or even meet new, very normal sort of people, but sometimes, we also meet Colorful people. I now know everything (plus a little bit) about this story. At first, I thought it strange that a complete stranger with no segue would launch right into the nitty gritty of domestic prostitution and foreign p*rn trade.

I was so caught off-guard and then consumed with keeping my jaw off my lap, that I lost all ability to change the subject. When a topic is brought up completely out of the blue like that and is headed in one direction only - So you know the neighborhood brothel? Well, let me tell you.... derailing that conversational train is akin to a Herculean feat. It's highly unlikely that So how about them Steelers? or Nice weather we're having... will have the desired affect. I'm thinking it must be the one brush with fame that this woman has and also maybe she needs to get out a little more (so I shouldn't judge, I've been there).

I'm wondering if you have any sure-fire subject changers? You know, in case we meet Mrs. Colorful again. And also, what is the most interesting (and by that I mean strange) thing a stranger has said to you?