Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bar none, the best enchilada recipe I've ever tasted

I'm afraid of hyping this meal too much and giving you false expectations, but wow was it amazing! Like, Amazing with a capital A, kind of amazing! And you can get it at BusyBee Lauren's (complete with Pocket Edward-assisted tutorial). I only wish I'd snapped a photo before we dug into it.

The only thing I would change is to puree the onions in a food processor before adding the chicken so as to make it more kid-friendly. I also chopped the chicken in the processor and added the remains of the first can of sauce to the chicken mixture (everything else I did the same). It is just the right blend of spicy and sweet, and I absolutely loved it - even the picky eaters ate it. In fact, I think I might go have seconds as soon as I hit Publish. Kelley, you have to make this for your dinner group.

In other news, Ellie had her first blow-out today. She sat like a little princess on the counter while I round-brushed her hair and when I finished she said I look like....someone else.

I love it, she's my very own mini helmet-head.

She looks so much older than three, where does the time go?


In more other news, I beat Mr. O at cards (finally!) which just goes to show you how much of it is luck and not skill. I will still enjoy my victory, short-lived though it might be. I think I feel a little dance coming on.