Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas - Plinko style

Who remembers the Plinko game from The Price is Right? Ty's teacher makes these and uses them in classroom settings to provide positive motivation. I just use mine to twist my kids' arms without them realizing it.

Right now, they can earn plinko chips by helping with some of the less desirable chores. THen they can play for Christmas Cash to buy gifts for their siblings. At the bottom, I put signs in each section that have a monetary value like 50 cents, $1, $2 (I know that sounds cheap, but there's alot of work I need done around here so I don't want them pooping out on me too soon).

I'd really like to make a skinny section in the middle that has a $5 dollar amount just to keep the excitement level up. You can Plinko too - she'll be opening up a online shop with different sizes of boards available for purchase. Plinko works for me - visit Rocks in my Dryer for more great ideas.


A Spielberg pic from the ground up of our tree (just for Millie) - they decorated it all by themselves and I haven't moved a thing.

10 comments:

jskell911 said...

Beautiful tree! My DS loves that Plinko game on The Price is Right

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

This would be so much fun!!! I loved watching the Price is Right and always wanted to try my hand at Plinko

Mrs. Organic said...

My kids are begging for more chores to do - this is great!

Sue Q said...

WHAT a great idea!!! Simple, stimulating, and spontaneous rewards!! Better than snowflakes, even!!

M.V. said...

Your tree looks beautiful.

No Cool Story said...

OOOH AAAAHHH!
I want one.

Millie said...

Oh, Plinko is so fun - and then you throw it into Christmas and it's like the best thing ever.

Love your tree! Thanks! :)

Mrs. Organic said...

We are even using Plinko at the family Christmas party - there's nothing like encouraging gambling when they're young.

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

I've always loved Plinko.

Up in Bubbles said...

what a fun idea. It seems hard to make though. I can imagine when my kids get older this will work wonders for motivation. I love the tree. How did you take a pic like that? I don't know how to take one that does not have the flash that ruins it. PLease let me know.