Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why it looks like a bag of cotton balls threw up in here

The floor company used a low VOC sealer so we stayed here, in the basement, while he worked. At first glance, it looks beautiful....

It has a nice satin finish, but then I noticed that my socks were sort of snagging every so often...

so I decided to walk the whole thing off and put a cotton ball down every time it happened.

Does that look like a lot of cotton balls to anyone else? I know I shouldn't care, I mean there are people with nothing but dirt for floors. I sure I should feel blessed that I (and my kids) have many more opportunities for slivers than the average Joe.

There are really only about 6 places where anyone is in danger of a potential skewering. The rest are where something (the sealer, the putty?) raised up and make it feel rough. So what would you do?
1. Beg the floor guy for mercy and hound him until he fixes it or...
2. Just live with it

Total hair count? Me: 2. The dog: 1. I love it when I win.

12 comments:

b. said...

A couple of hairs? Not much you can do about that.

But the slivers and snags? Hell no.

Elizabeth-W said...

The people with dirt floors didn't pay what you are for that floor.

What B said.

Up in Bubbles said...

If it is bad I would try to have it fixed.

Kenna said...

I think you better have them do it over, it will always bug you if you don't and you paid for a job well done so you should get it. It looks beautiful I cant wait to see it.

Biesinger Fam said...

Make them fix it. I know you too well to think that it will not bug you. You paid for a beautiful (splinter free) floor.

SuzieBel said...

I see three options.
1.Keep the cotton balls on the floor so you know what area to avoid and tell everyone it's the new, softer side of life.
2.Live with it but keep the tweezers and a sterile needle close.
3.Get them out there by threatening to send your sliver-caused medical and mental anguish bills to their office!

Of course you should have it re-done! The sooner, the better. I hope you haven't paid them in full yet.

JENNIFRO said...

just beg....

I wouldn't but you should. It's what I'd want myself to do.

Alisha said...

you payed him how much? get the man to fix it.

Blue Castle said...

I would get the guy to come back and fix it. It's one thing if you do it yourself, quite another if you pay someone to do a good job. Nothing bad about complaining nicely. :)

Love your blog, by the way. I'm a frequent lurker. :)

Blue Castle said...

I would get the guy to come back and fix it. It's one thing if you do it yourself, quite another if you pay someone to do a good job. Nothing bad about complaining nicely. :)

Love your blog, by the way. I'm a frequent lurker. :)

Tami said...

Your floor is beautiful! I LOVE wood!

Heffalump said...

You paid for a good job, so you should have received a good job, and they should have no problems coming in and fixing it...