Monday, April 28, 2008

Time for more purse talk

(Click below to visit Lazy) Remember last week? It was such a draw, I thought I'd share a little more (300 hits for a little old purse, wow!)

In my quest for THE bag, I have accumulated quite a few. I've never been able to throw a purse out. It must be done for me, the purse must somehow just disappear, come up as missing because I feel like a traitor to just toss them aside after their faithful service carrying all my junk around. Just so you know, I don't buy all of these. Some of them happen to find me.
They find in my home a sanctuary for neglected bags, safe haven from the thrift stores of the world.
Will someone please help me? Tell me you're going to give them a good home and then do what you will with them - just don't tell me about it.


Even after this gal's strap hardware broke in San Francisco (and I repaired it on the fly), I just can't bear to put her out to pasture. They've all seen better days, but they've probably got a few more good times left. Poor things, hanging up in the laundry room wishing to get out and see a little of the world..........any takers?


14 comments:

Jen said...

I have the same fascination with handbags too!! I love the Doony!! I would give it a good home.

The Happy Housewife said...

They are all cute I can see why you have trouble parting with them. But if you gave them to the thrift store they would get a whole new life in another family.... you never know!

up in bubbles said...

Sorry about the purse that broke that stinks. It sure didn't last long. Whoever gave that to you didn't obviously pick a very good one. So sorry.

Jen said...

Oh, the top black one is calling me! Love it.

Mrs. Organic said...

kell - I still love that purse and the reason it broke is it was brim full of stuff I was dragging around San Francisco and I was actually pulling so hard on the strap that I busted it (poor thing).

I think whoever picked it out did a fabulous job - I love it!

The Lazy Organizer said...

I hope you can find good homes for all of them! Are you going to show us your new bag when you get it? I'm sure it will be fabulous!

The Lazy Organizer said...

P.S. Have I told you before that I love your playlist? If you see that someone has been on your blog for three hours it's not a stalker. It's probably me listening to your music!

princessmomma said...

I wouldn't even begin to know where to keep so many purses.

If they make you happy and you love them, then I say go ahead and keep them.

Mrs. Organic said...

I switched out for the pink one today - just for a touch of spring. (I know it's scuffed up, but I like it).

Lara - glad you like the tunes, listen any time.

imadramamama said...

That backpack one is too cute!

Elizabeth-W said...

I know I'll finallllly be a grown up lady when I have more than one purse.

Mrs. Organic said...

You see? This is why I can't part with any of them.

Heffalump said...

My favorite purse/handbag in high school was actually a military gas mask bag with a long shoulder strap. It wasn't fancy, but it did what I needed it to do.

compulsive writer said...

I love the black one at the top. LOVE it I tell you.